Why We Must Stop Ignoring The Psychology Of Weight Loss: Alisa Anokhina At TEDxUCL
Alisa is a doctoral researcher in clinical health psychology at UCL who has taught and given talks across the country. Her work covers new areas of eating disorder research at the intersection of the conscious and the unconscious. Seven years of experience in journalism has lent itself to an interest in public engagement and the bridging of the gap between the scientific community and the public at large. Her core interest is in understanding how we eat, what we believe about weight loss, and how a ‘diet’ is just ‘die’ with a T.
Talk: Why we must stop ignoring the psychology of weight loss
“Losing weight is really easy; you eat less and exercise more!” But this is simply not true, as many of us may know, most diets only result in temporary weight loss. We often ignore the psychology of eating and internalising wrong beliefs cause us to fail in losing weight. The problem should be tackled as a psychological one, unrealistic expectations should be abandoned and the stigma attributed to weight loss needs to be abandoned. Contrary to suspicious adds and promises of weight loss without effort, the psychology of eating really can give us important insights.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.* (*Subject to certain rules and regulations)
As seen on YouTube.
Related in [Weight loss]:
- 10 THINGS NOBODY TELLS YOU ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS
- Weight Loss Tip Malayalam | How I Lost My Weight | Simple Weight Loss Tips Malayalam
- Turmeric Tea DIY Mix For Weight Loss-Get Flat Belly In 5 Days Without Diet/Exercise-Belly Fat Burner
- Healthy Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss | Lose 3Kg In A Week | Breakfast Smoothies For Weight Loss
- My Daily Self Care Routine Keeping Weight Loss Program In Mind | मेरी रोज सुबह की सेल्फ केयर रूटीन
- How To Use Yoga Props!｜Yoga Girl｜Rachel Brathen
- Dedicate – Day 17 – Learn | Yoga With Adriene
- Fitness Experts Debunk 17 Exercise Myths
- Review Of The Sticky Yoga Mat By 2nd Wind – YogiApproved
- The Angry Birds Movie 2 Final Trailer (2019) | Movieclips Trailers