Weight Loss Journey: Episode 5 – Six Weeks After Bariatric Surgery
CHI Health Weight Management Program
“It’s been about 6 weeks and I’m down 37 pounds”, Tara Gustin said from her home as she fixed dinner for her family.
Tara’s weight loss journey started at the Weight Management Center at Alegent Creighton Health Immanuel Medical Center. Before undergoing laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery, she spent some time learning about herself. She knows weight loss isn’t just about the food you put in your mouth it’s also about the control you have over your life. It’s about making good choices.
“My husband Nathan and I get out; we walk now. It’s been such a huge change from before because I couldn’t walk; I was so heavy and so tired. Now it’s exhilarating we get to do that together”, Tara said.
There’s a learning curve when it comes to eating after laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery. Tara ate beef too early and it came back to haunt her. She’s also learning food is not a race.
“I have learned to really slow down eating. One of the hardest things is to eat slowly but there’s negative reinforcement. If you don’t slow down you pay the price for it. You get used to it”, Tara said.
Tara is getting used to having a lot more energy but she admits to tiring easily. She’s learned that’s because she is not taking in the calories she did before but that will only last about 6 months. Tara is still getting used to the fact that food has now taken a back seat to living.
“Food before was something I got excited about. I’m not hungry now. I eat because I have to eat. It’s just not as exciting before – which is fine. It’s good because I had a love affair with food”, Tara said.
As seen on YouTube.
Related in [Weight loss]:
- Weight Loss Plateau – Part 2
- 5 FAST WEIGHT LOSS TIPS : How I Lost 15 Kgs ( MY WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY )
- Do It Scared | Nellie Corriveau | TEDxNewAlbany
- Total Body Weight Loss Workout Level 1 (Calisthenics) | BeFit In 30 Extreme
- MY WEIGHT LOSS TRANSFORMATION – Using Bbg And Weights
- TRAIN INSANE 😡 FITNESS MOTIVATION 2019
- We Found The Funniest Fitness Memes On The Internet
- Dedicate – Day 14 – Grace | Yoga With Adriene
- Classical Hatha Yoga Fest An Invitation From Mukul Anna!!!
- Perfect Full Body Yoga ♥ Detox & Digestion Flow