Rowing Machine: Rowing For Weight Loss, Part 1
Part 1 of our brand new weight loss series! This series is going to cover the basics of human movement: coordination, agility, and balance. So, let’s get you started with a few basic tools such as a few different types of balls. Lacrosse balls, mobility balls, etc.
Step 1 is balance. Can you balance on one foot for 1 minute? Can you alternate evenly? Do you struggle on one side more than the other? If so, grab a prop (pvc pipe, door frame, broom). Your feet are the foundation of your body. Also, we suggest doing this barefoot.
IF you can balance on one foot successfully, can you do so and throw a ball back and forth? Can you bounce the ball while you’re balancing? Can you switch feet? This is the beginning of mind body connection. Coordination + agility. Once you get comfortable with your balance, add in a challenging surface.
If your feet can’t articulate underneath you to help you balance and walk, then there’s no point moving on to heavy weights or cardio. It all starts with your foundation.
Step 2, add in a gentle push and pull of the arms. Maybe it’s a stair railing or a bed frame, a dresser, any elevated surface. Establish a good plank and move your chest to the surface, controlled reps for 8-10 reps, 3-5 sets. Make sure your elbow stay near to the body. Fully extend the elbow, fully extend your body down to the surface.
Next, move to a pull. Get creative. Use a TRX, rings, whatever you want. Elevate your hips and move your chest to the surface. Or perform a “ring row” type movement. The angle should be easy enough — the higher the easier.
Step 3, when it comes to using the rowing machine for weight loss, start with the basics. Don’t deviate from good movement. As you improve on this journey, you’ll be able to get deeper into the catch. You can still lose weight rowing at half-slide. Only row for 1-3 minutes at a time.
For greater detail, coaching cues, and points of performance, train with us at http://www.darkhorserowing.com
Dark Horse Rowing is built for indoor rowers and gyms who want to use the rowing machine as a tool for their training, workouts, weight loss, and recovering from injury.
You’ll get workouts, coaching, and support all around the Concept 2 rowing machine. This is THE place to get great workouts and understand the rowing machine.
If you enjoy this video please give it a thumbs up and share it with a friend – it goes a long way!
Subscribe For More: https://www.youtube.com/c/darkhorserowing
As seen on YouTube.
Related in [Weight loss]:
- Abs, Arms, And Attitude! | Yoga For Weight Loss | Yoga With Adriene
- Ray Cronise On Cold Thermogenesis, Intermittent Fasting, Weight Loss & Healthspan
- Yoga For Weight Loss ♥ Amazing Fat Burning Yoga Workout
- My Weight Loss Journey (the Truth) | Alix Traeger
- 1 MONTH WEIGHT LOSS RESULTS + CELERY JUICE CHALLENGE
- Cùng Tập Luyện 15 Phút Yoga Buổi Sáng Với Nguyễn Hiếu Yoga !
- “Yoga Changed My Life”– My Weight Loss & Flexibility Journey From Inflexible Mama To Yoga Teacher
- Un NOUVEL ANIMÉ De FITNESS Prévu Pour été 2019 ! (DANBERU NAN KIRO MOTERU)
- Day 25 – Dancing Warrior Sequence – 30 Days Of Yoga
- CM Naveen Patnaik’s Fitness Video Goes Viral In Social Media