Gastric Bypass Surgery Demonstration: Memorial Weight-Loss Surgery Program
Gastric Bypass Surgery is demonstrated by Dr. Brett Cohen of the Memorial Weight-Loss Surgery Program.
During gastric bypass, a small pouch is cut out of the stomach, and the small intestine is rerouted to this pouch.
This tends to be a quicker, more aggressive weight-loss option.
Unlike the Lap Band, it is neither adjustable, nor reversible.
This type of surgery typically involves a about a two-night hospital stay.
Although most of the stomach and the upper part of the small intestine no longer have food traveling through them, they still produce important digestive juices that are emptied into the small intestine and help with digestion.
Most people who have gastric bypass experience a significant reduction in excess weight within the first 18 months after surgery.
For more information visit: www.mhs.net/weightloss
This video shows selected portions of surgery that did not have complications. The practice of medicine is not an exact science and serious, even life threatening complications may occur. No guarantee or assurance can be made about the final results of this surgery.
As seen on YouTube.
Related in [Weight loss]:
- The Secret Behind Extreme Weight Loss
- 🚀30 Day CLEAN KETO Diet Weight Loss Results😁I Can See A HUGE Difference! What I Ate To Lose Weight
- My Weight Loss Journey…The Truth
- MONDAY NIGHT WITH MATTY JOHNS: CAM SMITH V HINDY
- POSTPARTUM WEIGHT LOSS EP. 2: FULL DAY OF EATING! What I Eat + Counting Macros! | Liza Adele
- STRONGEST Soldier In Army Gym – Diamond Ott | Muscle Madness
- Yoga For Change And Drain | Yoga With Adriene
- Full Body 15 Minute Lunch Break Yoga
- FITNESS UPDATE: Why I Had To Stop Counting Calories
- Morning Yoga (20 minutes) Power Yoga Workout to Start Your Day | Sarah Beth Yoga