Why You Can’t Afford To Wait | Bushra Amiwala | TEDxDePaulUniversity
Why you can’t afford to wait | Bushra Amiwala | TEDxDePaulUniversity
The 2018 elections saw unprecedented numbers of women joining the field to run for office. Among that esteemed group was Amiwala, now a junior in the Driehaus College of Business. She learned immeasurable lessons during her race for Cook County Board of Commissioners—a campaign that drew nationwide attention. She shares the most important lesson of them all in her talk: “Why you can’t afford to wait.”
Amiwala is a Chicago native, activist and student at DePaul University. At the age of 19, she announced her candidacy for the Cook County Board of Commissioners to serve as a voice for her generation and marginalized communities. She was the youngest person and first Muslim woman to ever run for the seat. Although she ultimately lost the election, her campaign saw historical voter turnout and was covered nationally. She was recently named Glamour Magazine’s College Woman of the Year for 2018 and Seventeen Magazine’s Voice of the Year.
This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.
Learn more at https://www.ted.com/tedx
As seen on YouTube.
Related in [Weight loss]:
- Dhanurasana Yoga Asana | Bow Pose In Hindi | Yoga Poses For Weight Loss | Yoga For Beginners
- 8 Weight Loss Tips Tested, Here’s What Worked
- WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE & FOOD SHOPPING | ROAD TO 400LBS
- Amazing Weight Loss Transformations
- WEIGHT LOSS TIPS // 9 Science-backed Tips To Lose Weight + Keep It Off
- FAIL SO YOU CAN SUCCEED – FITNESS MOTIVATION 2019 🔥
- Texas Fitness Influencer Issues Tearful Apology
- 5 Yoga Poses For A Flat Stomach – Simple Yoga Exercises To Reduce Belly Fat Easily
- LIFESTYLE – FITNESS MOTIVATION 2018 🥇
- Ad Astra | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX