Why You Can’t Afford To Wait | Bushra Amiwala | TEDxDePaulUniversity
Why you can’t afford to wait | Bushra Amiwala | TEDxDePaulUniversity
The 2018 elections saw unprecedented numbers of women joining the field to run for office. Among that esteemed group was Amiwala, now a junior in the Driehaus College of Business. She learned immeasurable lessons during her race for Cook County Board of Commissioners—a campaign that drew nationwide attention. She shares the most important lesson of them all in her talk: “Why you can’t afford to wait.”
Amiwala is a Chicago native, activist and student at DePaul University. At the age of 19, she announced her candidacy for the Cook County Board of Commissioners to serve as a voice for her generation and marginalized communities. She was the youngest person and first Muslim woman to ever run for the seat. Although she ultimately lost the election, her campaign saw historical voter turnout and was covered nationally. She was recently named Glamour Magazine’s College Woman of the Year for 2018 and Seventeen Magazine’s Voice of the Year.
This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.
Learn more at https://www.ted.com/tedx
As seen on YouTube.
Related in [Weight loss]:
- Easy Weight Loss Tips (fast And Simple)- Paul Chek & BenjiManTV
- Do You Believe You Can Lose Weight? Weight LOSS Journey 2019.
- 7 Steps To Permanent Weight Loss For Life!
- 13 Healthy Vegan Recipes For Weight Loss
- Fat Burning Frequency : Weight Loss Hypnosis – Binaural Beats | Weight Loss Program
- Dedicate – Day 10 – Expand | Yoga With Adriene
- The Most Craziest – Teenage Fitness Body Transformations Ever! 15-16 Before & After Motivation!!!
- Sore Back Release ♥ Yoga For Beginners | 5 Min Miracle
- Yoga Para Aliviar Dolores De Espalda Y Ciática | 30 Min Con Elena Malova
- BURN YOUR MAPS Official Trailer (2019) Vera Farmiga, Jacob Tremblay Movie HD